Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Chrismas Miracle in February

Two and a half years ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl...without an epidural. I'm not kidding you, it was the most traumatizing experience I've ever had in my life! This lack of pain management was not by choice. Apparently emergency c-sections take precedence over women who've been asking for an epidural since they were admitted into the hospital hours before so-called emergency c-section was even necessary.

So when I found out I was pregnant again you can imagine the emotions running through me. Mostly fear. So, I would randomly curl up in the fetal position and cry throughout my pregnancy. Don't get me wrong, I was happy I was going to have a sweet little baby around to take care of again. But at that point the cons out-weighed the pros and I secretly wished I wasn't pregnant. 

Luckily I was blessed with an amazing birthing experience all thanks to my epidural. I say, thank you modern medicine for the gift of no pain during birth! I think women who don't take advantage of this modern miracle are crazy. More power to ya if you choose the all natural route, but I still think you're crazy. Being on both ends of the spectrum I can honestly say that with an epidural I had a pleasant birthing experience that I got to fully enjoy because I wasn't writhing around in pure pain for hours on end. Thank you epidural!!!

Ferris Mae Jackson
Born February 24, 2011
at 5:50 a.m.
7 lbs. 9 oz.
20 1/2 inches long



1 comment:

Tennille said...

She is so sweet! I love the pic of her and Elliot. I bet she is so excited!!