Friday, February 18, 2011

Gettin Crafty

I ordered some vinyl lettering from my sisters friend a few months ago. Now that I've been on maternity leave I've been looking for things to keep myself and my 2 1/2 year old daughter entertained. So I decided I would actually finish my vinyl sign instead of just keeping the lettering around for a while. I let Elliott do most of the painting for the basecoat because I knew you wouldn't be able to see any strange brush marks once the top coat was applied, so at least that kept her busy for a while. Application of crackle medium and top coat you should do yourself. She also helped peel the paper off of the vinyl.

Here's what we used:
vinyl lettering
wood
sandpaper
paintbrushes
Metallic Antique Gold acrylic paint
Khaki Tan acrylic paint
crackle medium


 1. Lightly sand wood & dust off with a clean cloth
2. Apply a coat or two of your basecoat color & let dry (darker than top coat is recommended) This is where I used the gold
 3. Apply one coat of crackle medium and let dry
4. Apply one coat of top coat and let dry, mine is the khaki color
5. Sand edges & corners to distress & dust off with a clean cloth
6. Apply vinyl lettering



I love these colors because they'll look great with any wall color we change Elliott's room to. And I love the rustic look of it!

No comments: