Thursday, February 17, 2011

Going Green

I've been thinking about homemade cleaners for a while now and decided that some heavy duty cleaning may just send me into labor. False. But I did try something new that worked really well. The designated chair Elliott sits in to eat at the table is absolutely disgusting! She literally gives herself a facial with whatever she's eating and every time her hands make the rounds to her mouth a little more food gets in it. I don't know what her dislike for utensils is but at least she's not a picky eater. So I looked up a recipe for homemade wood cleaner. 

Wood cleaner: 1 cup olive oil + 1/2 fresh lemon juice.

Before: (my camera isn't the best but there is coated grime and nastiness all over this beast!)


After:


It takes some elbow grease, well, maybe only if your child eats like mine. But the results were amazing and my hands felt great afterwords with all of that olive oil.

No comments: